When we were a part of Nick and Jason’s fabulous wedding last year, we instantly fell in love with their breathtaking St.Helena venue. Nestled way back in the beautiful hills of the Chiles Valley, this remote ranch is perfect for a couple who wants something different and modern without sacrificing natural beauty. Rolling hills, winding streams, a giant modern barn, and a lodge-chic vibe make it completely unique. Coupled with impeccable catering via Paula Le Duc, your event will be nothing less than spectacular.
A Luxe Wine Country Wedding Venue
From Paula Le Duc’s site:
Durham Ranch sits fifteen minutes outside the historic town of St. Helena, CA. The 76-acre property is
marked by ancient oaks, rock-hewn streams, and a spring fed pond. The former cattle ranch is now
surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and miles of white fencing. The 4000 square foot barn serves as the
centerpiece of the ranch and acts as a social hub – housing everything from casual dinners to large scale
receptions. With 33 foot ceilings and steel and glass roll up doors that open to the pool and beyond, the
barn makes for a dramatic rustic cathedral.
Included in the site fee, the original 1940s ranchers’s cottage features two cozy bedrooms, bathroom,
living room, wood-burning fireplace. Lovingly restored with a classic front porch – complete with rockers
– an open beamed ceiling, a large dry stacked stone fireplace and batten board walls.
Why We Love Durham
- You can’t beat the scenery at this amazing California wedding venue. Because you’re tucked away so far from the hustle and bustle, there’s nothing but gorgeous trees and rolling hills to act as a backdrop for your wedding day.
- Their huge, modern barn is a fabulous alternative to the traditional “rustic” wedding. While you’re still in a barn, it can handle a wider range of themes – a sleek minimal wedding would feel just as home here as an over-the-top preppy gala.
- The Rancher’s Cottage is available to use as a place to get ready before your big day, and its been stylishly decked out in a fabulous mix of bright vintage pieces, lodge-esque decor, and industrial accents. For a photographer, you couldn’t ask for a more awesome space to shoot in.
- The spot Nick and Jason chose to tie the knot has the most gorgeous backdrop of moss-covered trees! There are many beautiful places on the property to have your ceremony, but this one fit their sleek, rustic style.